Friday, July 29, 2011

worst blogger ever

So, I'm just realizing that it's been over a month since my last blog post. I promise you all that I'm still alive!! I never thought that I would be this busy while living in the woods, but here I am, busier than ever! It's been an amazing last month, though. From Kappa Delta Convention in Tucson, Arizona to my first Antiquing adventure in Asheville..... it's been crazy. for realz. I just wanted to upload some pictures and let you know that I'm thinking and praying for you! As wonderful as this summer has been, I really can't wait to get home and settled back into life in Lafayette. I miss you all so much!!

Greatest long weekend ever.... KD National Convention. Really, it was SO cool!! Not only were we with the leaders of every Kappa Delta chapter, but we also got to see Sister LeAnne Tuohy (and take a picture with her)... AND we won some pretty ballin' awards.... Including the COUNCIL AWARD (Best Kappa Delta chapter in the nation)!! Wow, what an amazing trip.

More recently.... there was a beautiful rainbow at camp. Seriously, it was magical. This picture is me and my amazing photographer friend Alex. Such a blessing!

Okay, somewhere in the past month MY SISTER GOT ENGAGED. I mean, really. that was crazy. Anyway, here's a screen shot of me "being in France with Anna." Please note the thumbs up version of myself that was able to make the trip with her. 


 Also sometime in the past month.... the Benzinger kids from Haiti came home (oh, yes... I forget that this was the same night as Anna's engagement. whoa man)! man oh man, what an exciting day/night that was. David and Olguin Benzinger walked into the Atlanta airport to 50 or so smiling friends and family. There were tears and laughter and so many hugs. I'll never forget that amazing experience. Here's Alex Willy posing for the iphone camera after David and Olguine got off the plane. So sweet.

Also in the past month... St. Mary's came to Covecrest! What a blessing that whole week was. It was so good for me to see my St. Mary's family. I love those people so much! This is Robin and one of our teens climbing the Jacob's Ladder on the ropes course. They looked like acrobats on that thing! Holy cow!


Okay, that's it for now. I promise a more in depth post sometime soon. See you in Lafayette in a little over a week!!
E

No comments:

Post a Comment