Sunday, June 12, 2011

veni sancte spiritus!

Hi friends!
So, it's Pentecost Sunday, and since Life Teen's theme for this year is "veni sancte spiritus," this place has been happening! This morning, the little chapel at Covecrest was full of red to celebrate the Holy Spirit. So great. I just wanted to share a few pictures with you all---

First of all--- one day this week two of my best friends here, Erin (from Lafayette!!) and Alex (She's our photographer for the summer), had an impromptu boxing match with Styrofoam packing material in the middle of the office. Again, I love my job.

Another night this week, Dom and Jesse, 2 wonderful full time missionaries made me, Molly, and Rachel (Molly's wonderful wonderful roommate) ice cream pie! Seriously... this stuff was ADDICTING. I love these guys!! Molly has become great friends with them over the past year, so they were so amazing and welcoming when I got here.

One last thing, on Thursday morning, when I got to the office at 6:30 a.m. to send off rafting groups, I found this in the office! Some of the sweet summer staffers treated us office girls to roses, a sweet card, and dark chocolate. I felt so loved! Really, I keep having to tell myself that this is real life. I love my job!

Covecrest has been so amazing so far. I can't believe that tomorrow starts week 3 of camp! We only have 2 more weeks left with this group of summer staffers, which makes me sad and happy at the same time... this group of summer staffers are amazing. With only 2 more weeks in this session, it means that I'll be in Arizona for KD convention soon, and I'll see more Lafayette friends right after that!! St. Mary, St. Pius, and The Cathedral/STM are coming the first two weeks of the second session... and, I can't wait to see Brandon and Alex (summer staffers from Lafayette). Yay!! Can't wait! So many wonderful things happening! God is so good.

Love you all---
Em

No comments:

Post a Comment