Wednesday, June 1, 2011

First day at "da Barn"

Well, it's Wednesday at Covecrest (my day off... woo!), and camp festivities are in full swing, Including  arts and crafts at the barn! We opened up the barn for the first time yesterday and it was a blast. Yesterday morning, we were running around like crazy people making sure that last minute things were done... putting Mod Podge out, prepping dye for tie dye, setting beads out, all of those fun things. I remember looking out the window and seeing a middle school girl running... RUNNING.. to the barn and thinking, whoa, she's excited. After that, I feel like I looked down for 10 seconds and when I looked back up there had to have been 60 teens there. It was crazy! Teens everywhere-- making bracelets, rosaries, journals, and frames... and playing music with this week's musicians, Jackie Francois and Greg Boudreaux. It was pretty amazing. I snapped a few pictures with my phone when things started to slow down a bit and some of the crowd thinned out... joyful faces all around enjoying the barn. 
I was one happy girl.




God is so good. Love you all.

1 comment:

  1. That's how it happens!!! I remember the first day I was head of Waterfront and Canoes... I heard the bell ring and saw 100 10 year olds RUNNING down the hill!!! I think I said the quickest prayer ever. Enjoy it little sister!!!

    ReplyDelete