Sunday, May 29, 2011

CAMP STARTS TOMORROW!

Friends,
So I've realized that I'm not the best blogger ever, but I feel like that's okay... it has been so nuts over here! (I feel like that has been the start of every blog post thus far). Anyway, camp starts tomorrow and I am so nervous! Pray that I have all of the paperwork in order for the groups and their leaders tomorrow... I'm one of the first camp people that they encounter when they get here, so it should be interesting! Our first day at "the barn" is on Tuesday, which is SO exciting! We finally finished setting everything out tonight, so it's pretty much ready! I just wanted to share some pictures and tidbits from the past week--

Last time I wrote a blog post, I was scared out of my mind when some of my friends shot a nerf gun at my computer screen. I love these people. 

Yet another reason why I love working here: mid-afternoon parachute breaks. For the Edge camp sessions, the theme is "Extreme Adventure," so we have all sorts of "extreme" sports equipment lying around for their stage environment. When this parachute came in, we decided to make a parachute dome----elementary school style--- and listen to Justin Beiber while inside. Mind you... this is in the middle of the office.. during normal business hours... and we were almost late for evening prayer. Again, I love this place.

These are some of the wonderful girls that are here for the summer painting some of the tables for the barn. The girl all the way to the left is one my roommates, Kaitlin (in the middle) is a missionary here and has been a wonderful sister and friend to me over the past few months since we've met, and Colleen, all the way to the right is a summer staffer for session 1. She is SO cool, and we've become friends since she moved here 2 weeks ago. Precious girls.

Okay, reason number 3 why the office is fab... for a skit during edge weeks (middle school kids), 2 missionaries, Dom and Nick, are doing ongoing skits throughout the week that include "extreme" things. Their costumes? T-shirts with each other's face on them.. along with out of control workout gear (think spandex, headbands, running shorts, socks. it's.. extreme. hah!). When the shirts came in the mail, Molly and I just had to make sure that they worked, so we wore Dom and Nick t-shirts for a good hour one day this week. I wish that we could have gotten video of people's weird reactions to our sudden outfit change.

And finally, some art barn pictures! I just wanted to share my favorite thing that I've crafted so far as an example for the teens to make. I love it! No pun intended, of course. 

 annnnnnnd, LOOK AT THE BARN!!!! IT'S AWESOME!

 and I'm convinced that this is the best view at camp. This is an closeup picture of the music area.... 4 guitars, 2 ukeleles, a djembe, and 2 cajone drums = AWESOME JAM TIME WITH SUMMER MUSICIANS!!

Sorry that this is a mostly pictures kind of post! Can't wait to share all the wonderful stories from camp, since it'll start tomorrow! In fact, I'm hearing screams and cheering coming from outside the office right now, must mean that the group that was coming in early has arrived! How exciting. I can't wait to meet all of these wonderful teens and group leaders, and to break open my booksack full of 12 (yes, that's right... 12) camp tshirts that will be my uniform for the next 9 weeks of camp.
Love you all--
Em

No comments:

Post a Comment