Tuesday, May 10, 2011

148 songs later

Hi Friends!

Wow, it seems like forever since I posted my last bit on Saturday morning. My, how things have changed over the past 3 days! Since then, I've gone to Kappa Delta Formal, packed up my room at The Glynn, driven to Jackson, then Atlanta, then Tiger, moved in to my "summer home" at Covecrest, and finished my first day of work, and first "girls' dinner" at Covecrest. I think I'm getting tired just reading all of that. hah!

I just have to mention this because I think it was fantastic... before I left for KD formal, my roommates, Alison and Sarah, followed me to my date, Andrew's, house for a petite pre-formal and graduation photo shoot (of course, we had to go there to take pictures, since we aren't coordinated enough to do the self timer on my camera). Since Sarah and I will both be missing Al's graduation, we wanted to re-create it for her, so we took pictures, and I'd say it almost looks like we were actually there...This just makes me smile.


After very little sleep Saturday night, and a wonderful, but busy Mother's Day with the fam, I left Lafayette for Jackson, stayed there for the night, then drove to Atlanta on Monday! I met Molly at the Lifeteen office, ran some errands (of course, a Hobby Lobby trip was involved), and we got back on the road to camp. And, from Lafayette to Tiger, Ga.... 148 shuffled songs on my ipod later... we were here. It was so good to not be on the road anymore. Of course, Mol and I took a picture to prove that we had made it, and I got busy unpacking my stuff at the new mission house I'll be staying in. It's so beautiful.





So, my first day at Covecrest was nuts, but amazing! Started off with holy hour and morning prayer (Corey Grimley... you would LOVE IT), then the whole community went to the Montessori school at camp and watched one of the student's final projects. Madison, who I think is 10, was so precious! She spoke better than some of my college friends would on the Ancient Greeks. It was great. After that, we hit the ground running. I sat in on a camp planning meeting, then went straight to my desk in the office (I have a desk!) and started working on art barn supplies ordering. It looks like we're getting to the end of our list of supplies to get, which means that we're getting closer to summer camp! Highlight of today could possibly be learning the new phone system at camp.... I'm getting really good at the "Lifeteen Covecrest, this is Emily" greeting. Who knows.. maybe later in the summer I'll be bold enough to switch it up.... "Lifeteen Covecrest, this is Emily Crafty Broussard, Wassup!!!" That'll be the day! lol. In other news, my to do list for tomorrow has already almost filled up my cute little notepad, which means that the day will be just as full, but just as great. Life is so good.



Okay, must get sleep! Miss you all already!
Love and prayers,
Em

PS... did I say that there were gifts on my desk when I got here Sunday night?.... one of which was a WAX SEAL SET?!? Okay, as my friends at the lawffice know, I feel like I'm about 30 years too young for it to be socially acceptable for me to be so excited about this, but really. I squealed when I saw it. THANKS NAN!!





1 comment: