Wednesday, May 18, 2011

fun things over the past few days

My sweet friends,

Man oh man, what a week this has been! It's been so exhausting but so wonderful at the same time. I know that I promised a long blog post, but of course, it got crazy before I could sit down and type it all out! Just to keep you all updated, I wanted to share a few pictures and fun bits from the past few days.

First of all, Madison (10 year old precious gal.. she's the one that did the presentation on Greece the other day.) and I made a summer wreath for Molly and Rachel's house on Sunday. Talk about cute! Madison and I were in our element. This girl is so fun.. she's been the best help with all things art barn related. This week, the two of us are getting together to make examples of all the projects the teens can do in the barn. I can't wait. Also on Sunday, we (Molly, Neil Pettit--he visited this weekend-- and some of the missionaries) went to lunch at our fave Mexican restaurant-- Manrique's. Seriously, this place is awesome. I think I'm obsessed and I've only been here a week and a half. ... of course, it also could simply be the fact that it's not camp food, so it's a good treat. Whatever the case may be, it's great.


Also this week, I received the registration packet from the Cathedral in Lafayette.. of course, this made me smile because (1) it was from Lafayette, (2) there were lambs on it... of course, and (3) Ms. Laura is just precious. 


So, Monday and Tuesday, one of the ladies that is really helping a tremendous amount with the barn this summer came to stay at Covecrest to help me get set up. Thankfully, after she left on Tuesday night, we had everything organized and priced... ready to be moved in to the barn, which.... drum roll please.... looks like this!!


Yes, I know, very rustic... and barn-like. The Tyvek paper is staying... I'm telling myself it just gives it character! lol. But what I'm really excited about is the inside.....


Even though it's definitely an unfinished building, it is so amazing. This picture is what the teens will see when they walk in. There's going to be a funky sitting area in front of that picture window for jam sessions with the camp musicians (so fun... we're in the process of buying instruments). Over the window, we'll have a big sign that says "In the beginning, God created..." (Gen 1:1). I can't wait to see it. In the right corner, we'll have our checkout area... and everywhere else will have big beautiful tables full of supplies for teens to create and create and create some more. This girl is excited. I'll keep you posted with more pictures once we move stuff in and get furniture set. 

Another thing I'm excited about: these awesome chalkboards that we made from wooden plaques at Hobby Lobby. I'm stoked. We'll have these hanging/displayed with quotes/prices/instructions everywhere around the barn. Annnnnd, all of the paper signs that we are making for the barn will have this same look-- they'll be black, and the same shapes. So cute.


One last thing--- I learned how to laminate things this week. 
OH MAN. I might need one of these for real.


It was love at first sight. 

Okay, time for this girl to get some rest. Love to you all.
Em



5 comments:

  1. This post is SO you, and makes me miss you even more! Love you! Keep being wonderful! :o) XOXO, Alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are out of CONTROL! I need your inspiration in my new house in New Orleans STAT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss you already!!

    (p.s. I told you "Deep South Reader" is Corey!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily, I can just feel your energy as I read your blog! The creativity is boundless!! Can you bottle it and hang one of those little chalk boards on three bottles for Fall. Something like . . . Don't open till September! And so forth and so on . . . You get the idea!

    P.S. I don't know if Corey will continue to have as much time on his hands with the Deep South Reader thing . . . might have to change that name do to some exciting news in the Grimley household.

    ReplyDelete